This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: static const double pi = 3.1415;


On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 11:33 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
I agree in principle; I'm just trying to find a middle-solution.
Maybe there is none ;-)

I'd claim the standard is wrong, and we shouldn't be afraid to fix it. Isn't the 5year coming up?! By having real world experience, we do, with the extension, we strengthen the case for it.


Personally, I don't find

int i = 1;

to be substantially different from:

double i = 1;

:-( As far as extensions go, I've seen worse.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]