This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: static const double pi = 3.1415;
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 19 Feb 2003 08:33:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: static const double pi = 3.1415;
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <49490000.1045584324@warlock.codesourcery.com>
Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com> writes:
| --On Tuesday, February 18, 2003 08:39:00 AM +0100 Gabriel Dos Reis
| <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net> wrote:
|
| > I would propose we deprecate it in 3.3 and remove it in 3.4 --
| > following existing practice. What do you think?
|
| I assume that by "it" you mean initializing static floating-point data
| members in-class.
yes, you're right.
| I still think that in some sense there's nothing to deprecate; this
| was a very unofficial extension.
I agree in principle; I'm just trying to find a middle-solution.
Maybe there is none ;-)
-- Gaby