Bugzilla for GCC project?

Hi,

Earlier this year, I had lobbied the GCC project to consider
moving from GNATS to Bugzilla:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-03/msg01841.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-02/msg00454.html

Bugzilla offers certain benefits over GNATS, such as the ability
to mark duplicate PR's, better support for MIME attachments,
better performance, etc.

Dan Berlin has previously demonstrated that it is quite
possible to migrate the existing GNATS database to a working
Bugzilla system, by setting this up on his dberlin.org server.

The next steps for this migration to take place as I understood
it was to set up a working Bugzilla install on gcc.gnu.org and
place the configuration files under CVS control, so that GCC
project members/administrators can control and configure the settings.

For this step to take place, I was told that installation of Bugzilla
would be conditional on setting up a new machine to host gcc.gnu.org.
As far as I can tell, this has not happened yet.
I was told in July 2002 that:

- the new hardware failed
- the ISP which hosts gcc.gnu.org was about to go out of business
- Red Hat's IT department was not supportive of the hardware/network
  configuration and administration issues
- no one has time to set up and configure a new machine and Bugzilla

So what are the issues here?  Is it a matter of money?  Is it a lack
of manpower and time?

Do we need to look to another organization to set up and host
the Bugzilla installation?  Which organization should we look to?
Does the FSF have resources available to host a Bugzilla installation
for the GCC project?  Or is there another organization who would
be able to provide the necessary resources?

For example, IBM hosts a Bugzilla installation for the Linux kernel project:
http://bugme.osdl.org/

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues