Status of Bugzilla?

Hi,

There was some discussion earlier on this mailing list
about the GCC project switching from GNATS to Bugzilla.

Daniel Berlin has done a lot of hard work to test things
out, and see if it is a viable solution.  I am very supportive
of Daniel's efforts.  As someone who has dealt with probably
hundreds of GCC problem reports in GNATS, I can see the
limitations of GNATS.  I have used Bugzilla on a few
other instances (the TAO ORB, Red Hat, Mozilla) and to me, it appears to be
much easier to work with , and in my opinion, does a better
job than GNATS.

I think that having a better issues tracking system like
Bugzilla would help the GCC project greatly.

Does the GCC Steering Committee care one way or the other about this issue?

I did not see any definitive answers to Daniel's query:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-01/msg01033.html

I would appreciate clarification of the GCC project's stance
on this issue.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr