This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Call for testers for pch-branch
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:50:53 -0800
- Subject: Call for testers for pch-branch
The PCH work is now mostly complete, and it would be helpful if it
could have some wider testing, especially on non-Darwin hosts. So, if
you're interested in precompiled headers, or just want to make sure
that the patches on the branch don't cause regressions on your
favourite host or target, I encourage you to check out the branch and
You can check out and build the branch by doing
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/gcc co -r
and then build it using 'configure' and 'make' as usual.
There are three classes of bugs I'm interested in:
- Things that worked on the tree as at pch-merge-20021124, but don't
- Cases where a compilation produces different output depending on
not a PCH was used (including when it crashes when a PCH is used); and
- Whether you found the documentation clear.
I am also interested in reports of successful builds.
I do know that the testcase gcc.dg/pch/inline-1.c fails with -O3 -g,
it's a testsuite bug, don't worry about it. Other than that, all the
gcc.dg/pch testcases should pass.