Re: GCC 3.2.1 successful bootstrap

Janis writes:

> I'd like to link your message from the GCC 3.2 build status list at
> gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.2/buildstat.html, but it's missing some of the
> information requested at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/finalinstall.html.
> In particular, for a build on GNU/Linux we need to know the version
> of glibc (binutils would be nice, too) and which GNU/Linux distribution
> you used (distributor and version).

I think that we should require binutils version, as it makes a big
difference.  In fact, ideally the test_summary script would contain some
"smarts" to try to figure out if binutils is in use and, if so, what
version is in use.  The reason is that a number of tests succeed or fail
based on the particular binutils version in use.