This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Build Issues!
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: "Emch, A Dev" <EmchAD at LOUISVILLE dot STORTEK dot COM>
- Cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:12:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: Build Issues!
- References: <BEB8A0E46889D31188CB002048406D700838821C@lsv-msg03.stortek.com>
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 04:57:16PM -0700, Emch, A Dev wrote:
> I have been attempting a build of the 3.2 version of gcc for embedded
> systems and have
> run into a road block.
> Here is the output of config.guess => sparc-sun-solaris2.7
> I have run the config and install process according to your instructions for
> an arm processor
> using elf output.
> The target was set using --target=arm-elf
> Everything seems to work fine. In fact, I even get what looks to be a
> compiler in the gcc
> component called xgcc. On execution, the --dumpmachine function and -v
> function work
> just fine.
> This xgcc function is then used to attempt a build of lib1funcs.asm. This
> is where things
> go very wrong. Its almost like a sparc assembler is getting ahold of this
> asm file. I get
> lots of unrecognized commands, etc.
Have you built and installed an ARM assembler (binutils) using the same
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer