Re: INSN_UID same for two insns?

#On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 12:08:25PM -0500, N V Krishna wrote:
#> And there were many instruction that were jump_insns etc before I reached
#> basic_block_info->data.bb[10]->end
#
#Wait... did you say you were looking at this from final?
#The CFG is no longer valid then.  See the comments in
#rest_of_compilation.

Cool. Thanks a ton. Actually I am using an older version (rather old)
of the compiler currently. And hence when I read through the code, I did
not have the comments. After seeing your mail, I checked the gcc 3.0
sources and there it is pretty clearly mentioned that after
the call to last jump_optimize, we do not have the CFG information.

Just curious, why is it that the memory is free'd pretty late in the
process? Why is it not free'd immediately? Why the function
free_basic_block_vars is called after final?

Thanks again.
Warm regards
Krishna