Re: real.c implementation

> Anyway, if they leave nothing unchanged, they'll get a SIGFPE,
> which can be fixed immediately by using -mieee.

Yes, but -mieee is a disaster on that platform as I am sure you know (the
Berkeley folks regard the Alpha as a useless piece of junk since its fpt
performance is frightful -- they start of course from the point of view
that anything less than full IEEE compliance is junk :-)

I agree it is not too terrible to have the SIGFPE and have to fix it.
Though priobably there should be an option (in particular, I would
qualify behavior based on whether -mieee is set),.