This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: "Fantasy (Fay)" <Fay at gmx dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:21:43 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/finalinstall.html
On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Fantasy (Fay) wrote:
> After I made "make install", I tried to compile something with g++ and when
> trying to execute, I ran into the following error:
> ./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
> Now my friend told me to run "ldconfig" (as root). Then it worked.
> I thought that this might be useful information for Your Final
> installation page.
Indeed, this is something we should document better.
Folks, any suggestions how to enhance our install documentation in that
respect? Should we recommend using LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or refer to some other
piece of documentation?
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/