http://gcc.gnu.org/install/finalinstall.html

Hi there!

I just compiled gcc3.2 on my SuSE Linux machine. As I am relatively new to
linux systems in terms of installing, compiling and so on, I ran into an
error that I could not solve myself. I am glad I have a friend who could
help me, and I thought that this might be information You could include on
your page.

After I made "make install", I tried to compile something with g++ and when
trying to execute, I ran into the following error:
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open
Now my friend told me to run "ldconfig" (as root). Then it worked.

I thought that this might be useful information for Your Final installation
page.

Greetings,
Wolfram Koska