Re: Bootstrap times on mainline are getting worse

IMHO measuring total bootstrap time of changing snapshots is not a
very accurate gauge of GCC's compile-time speed because the amount and
nature of the source code is constantly changing.  What you should
instead measure is a consistent set of (perhaps GCC but perhaps other)
source code compiled with different versions of GCC CVS snapshots.
I.e. do a "make all" rather than "make bootstrap" with different
values of $CC.

That would be a proper "apples to apples" comparison upon which you
could draw conclusions about whether compile-time speed was slowing
down.  I'm not saying it isn't slowing down, but that the figures
posted so far aren't actually measuring that AFAICT.

		--Kaveh

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu