Re: Bootstrap times on mainline are getting worse

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:

> That would be a proper "apples to apples" comparison upon which you
> could draw conclusions about whether compile-time speed was slowing
> down.  I'm not saying it isn't slowing down, but that the figures
> posted so far aren't actually measuring that AFAICT.

Very good point.  I should've thought of that before.  We could
analyze SPEC build times instead.

http://people.redhat.com/dnovillo/spec95/gcc/global-build-secs_elapsed.html

For CINT95 base, we have a 6% increase in build times since
Sep19.  There is a noticeable jump around Oct06.

Diego.