Re: iostream question

OK,

Are you saying I can no longer forward declare an ostream?

That would mean that for a declaration like so

ostream& operator<< (ostream&, const myClass);

I have to include the iostream header file in my header file. That seems odd. There's got to be a better way.

Robert

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@cox.net> writes:

| I am trying to compile a large application with gcc 3.2, (porting from | gcc 2.95.2) and am getting errors like this.
| | /home/rjschwei/local/include/c++/3.2/backward/iostream.h:35: using
| declaration
| `ostream' introduced ambiguous type `ostream'

Did your application already declared ostream before #include <iostream.h>?
(I suspect that is the case). If so, then, you no option but delete
that forward-declaration.

-- Gaby

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
rjschwei@cox.net                               LINUX