This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 8134: C++ crash
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "aoliva at redhat dot com" <aoliva at redhat dot com>, "nathan at codesourcery dot com" <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:31:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 8134: C++ crash
--On Tuesday, October 15, 2002 05:45:18 PM -0400 Jason Merrill
d) fix the crash in a different way on the branch
Can you fix it a different way in a way that looks more reliable?
I can't. I tried, on the mainline.
The basic problem is that you need to generate a static intializer
(i.e., a CONSTRUTOR to put in DECL_INITIAL) that has entries for
all the places you have pointers-to-members. But, some of them
have no corresponding FIELD_DECL in your class; they're from base
classes, and we didn't create FIELD_DECLs for base classes before
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com