beginner development

hello,
I'm a loyal linux user new to the development side of the open source community and looking to contribute to that which has given me so much. Having looked at your beginners project page, I was thinking about trying to do some warning squelching, and maybe some bug patrol as well. Are there any specific projects suitable for someone unfamiliar with GCC's codebase like me that you would like to assign me to? My programming has gotten a little rusty over the last years, but I want to work hard to help out the project. I also understand I need to fill out some forms and submit those. Are those available for download?
Thanks for your time, and I hope I can help,
Wesley Pegden