This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cc1plus errors
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: "Nathan ." <snmptoddler at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:25:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: cc1plus errors
- References: <F122bxCVqtF8O9EmGZW00013487@hotmail.com>
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 11:03:07PM +0000, Nathan . wrote:
> Also I could not find any of these options in the man pages of g++ on my
> system. Perhaps it is old. If you refer me to online man page for gcc/g++.
> By the way I still need to archive all the .o files. The -xar , -xarch=v8a
> etc options dont work with g++ . What is the alternative.
Those are Sun options, not GCC options. Try "man ar" instead.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002