Re: Does the assembler as-MCORE support preprocessing ?

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 01:02 AM, liu kunjie wrote:
Dear sir : I download and setup the MTCgnu4.6 from internet to simlate the M310 core using the assembly program, but the document of as-MCORE doesn't direct me how to use preprocessing in M310 assembly language. Can you give me some advices on how to define macros using the M310 assembly language and what kinds of preprocessing standard the as-MCORE support ? thank you!
If it uses gas, you can try checking out the binutils documentation for features of GNU as or gasp, and if that doesn't clarify things, then you can check the binutils list.

Also, you can use cpp to preprocess the assembly file if you want, just name the file foo.S. There is an entire section devoted to cpp in the gcc manual. Please see the gcc manual for more information about this.