This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
long double format on I!64
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jim Wilson <wilson at redhat dot com>
- Date: 29 Aug 2002 00:02:57 +0200
- Subject: long double format on I!64
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
I've been reviewing the fundamental data types format as
communicated to V3 sources. due to some mismatch in data, we're now
getting some information directly from the compiler. See
In the file
I see the following
// While sizeof(long double) == 16, the format is the same as the x86.
#define __glibcpp_long_double_bits 80
I don't know how exactly I should interpret that since 80 bits don't
make 16 bytes. I guess that means some bits are ignored. If so I need
to know exactly which ones.