documenting C++ and libstdc++ ABI issues

I'd like to formalize the documentation about C++ ABI conformance and
libstdc++ consistency.  I'll start with my notes from
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-08/msg01251.html and Benjamin's doc at
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/abi.txt.  It will incorporate
pieces of the Interoperation section of the GCC Manual; that section is
currently under "Known Causes of Trouble" and looks horribly out of date
(example: "The GNU assembler (GAS) does not support PIC").

There should be a section in the GCC manual about ABI issues for C++
compiler and runtime support, and one in the libstdc++ manual about
libstdc++ issues.  Some of Benjamin's information would move to the
compiler documentation.

If someone is already working on this, or if such documentation already
exists and I just didn't find it, please let me know.

Janis Johnson
IBM Linux Technology Center