This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ ABI Issues
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Cc: Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:30:20 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: C++ ABI Issues
- References: <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com><200208270132.VAA29998@makai.watson.ibm.com>
From: David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:31:59 -0400
Other proprietary compilers implementing the ABI were able to get
these cases correct without an external conformance testsuite.
Note that it is entirely possible that GCC gets areas of
the ABI right that the proprietary compilers got wrong.
Don't make it sound like the proprietary compilers have
gotten the ABI perfectly implemented, it is unlikely that