file object problem

I ran into a problem where getline would not work on an ifstream file
object, after the file pointer was supposedly repositioned using
seekg(0), once eof had first been reached. If eof was not reached before
repositioning, it worked fine.

Trying to find if this problem had been reported, the closest I could
find was a description in the table of contents at
http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-defects.html
Issue #6 in the TOC is "File position not an offset unimplementable".
The section link is not openable, and the status is listed as NAD. Does
this sound like it is the same issue?
If so, to whom might I address my concern, since it is perhaps an issue
with the standard rather than the implementation?
- Nathan Holladay