This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Paul Koning <pkoning at equallogic dot com>, "aoliva at redhat dot com" <aoliva at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 26 Aug 2002 19:50:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
| However, it is the one extension that will naturally express the thing
| that the C++ ABI does; that ABI creates types whose sizes are not multiples
| of their alignments by ignoring tail padding.
I'm pretty sure similar arguments can be constructed for extensions that
were deemed not "appropriate" and removed :-)
| Here is what I am going to do at this point: implement the extension,
| and use it for myself. I will check it in after GCC 3.3 branches --
| unless a maintainer asks me not to do so.
Aha, I now see the benefits of having global write privs. 1/2 ;-)