Re: REPOST: Announcing the basic-improvements and faster-compilerbranches

--On Monday, August 26, 2002 12:40:48 AM -0700 Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> wrote:

I'm reposting this since it got no reaction the first time round,
which was toward the end of the week, so perhaps it dropped off
people's radar.
Thanks for setting up these branches.

Checkins to this branch require approval as if they were being
considered for checkin to the mainline during Stage 2 development.
Yes; if that policy is adhered to, then I hereby pre-approve the patch
that merges from that branch into the mainline after the mainline is
branched.

faster-compiler-branch:

I'm not sure what checkin policy is appropriate for this branch.
Suggestions?
Me neither; I expect we'll have to re-review patches there as they
make it to the mainline, though...