This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: does gcc meet these guidelines?
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- To: Andrew Shewmaker <shewa at inel dot gov>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:24:50 +1000
- Subject: Re: does gcc meet these guidelines?
- References: <email@example.com>
On 23-Aug-2002, Andrew Shewmaker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Y 5.3 compiler for ANSI/ISO/IEC 14882-1998 C++
GNU C++ does not yet fully conform to the 1998 C++ standard.
For example, it does not support the "export" keyword.
(Fully-conforming C++ implementations are currently still
few and far between.)
> Y 5.7 ANSI/IEEE 1003.1c POSIX threads (pthreads)
This is a library issue, rather than a gcc issue.
Support for POSIX threads varies between different platforms.
Fergus Henderson <email@example.com> | "I have always known that the pursuit
The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.