This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada testsuite ?
- From: Michael S. Zick <mszick at goquest dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar),gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:20:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Ada testsuite ?
- References: <20020825150302.80D4AF2DDE@nile.gnat.com>
On Sunday 25 August 2002 10:03 am, Robert Dewar wrote:
> <<Perhaps a better question...
> Can GCC-Ada pass the "Ada Compiler Validation Capability" (ACVC) tests?
> Right, but setting up these tests to run is not entirely trivial. That
> is the task that Laurent Guerby is working on.
Yes - understood: testsuite != validation suite.
> The proposal is to just set up the C (executable) tests, since the B
> tests (which check error message generation for all errors) are very
> hard work to maintain (everytime there is a slight change in the wording
> of an error message, major work can be required maintaining the base).
I suspect that ability to pass the executable tests would be enough for
If someone needs a fully validated compiler, they are involved in a project
that could afford to buy one.
Thanks for the quick reply and the information that someone is working on it.