This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building LyX 1.2.0 on HP-UX 11.11 with G++ 3.2
- From: Jeff Law <law at porcupine dot slc dot redhat dot com>
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:38:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: Building LyX 1.2.0 on HP-UX 11.11 with G++ 3.2
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <200208222245.g7MMjAXl007183@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, "John David Anglin
>> But the primary symbol had to be a normal symbol with the underscore
>> prefix *and* with external scope. The external scope restriction
>> is what killed using secondary definitions to emulate weak definitions.
>It's not obvious that the primary needs to be external. I am looking
>at map_secondary_to_primary in fixups.c. If it needs to be external,
>could it be hidden?
I hadn't thought about trying to tweak the hidden bit for the primary.
It's definitely worth a try -- the lack of weak symbol support is a major
problem on this platform so it's worth some effort to try and make
secondary definitions act like weak symbols.