Re: Faster compilation speed: cache behavior

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 11:47 PM, Kai Henningsen wrote:
By reading what Matt wrote about it, at the start of the thread. He
claimed that he first obtained a list of the instructions causing cache
misses, and then figured out where they were belonged.

I have no idea if that is true, but when what you claim and what he claims
is so drastically different, confusion is only to be expected.
I described it as a crude measurement.  This is only one of
the ways in which it was crude.

My guess is that the results are probably more or less
correct anyway, but better numbers would be nice.

			--Matt