This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:59:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
>>>>> Richard Earnshaw writes:
Richard> Do you have/can you get data for TLB misses?
Yes. I didn't comment on TLB statistics because it did not vary
much with optimization level or GCC versions. GCC 2.95 is a little
better, but overlaps with GCC 3.3 TLB statistics. Both GCC 2.95 and GCC
3.3 statistics follow the source file size.