Re: GCC 3.2

In message <20020812164321.A4428@us.ibm.com>, Janis Johnson writes:
> >and new compilers available when running the tests.  I'm not at all sure
> >how to set up such tests for use with GCC.  The test harness needs to
> >know about two compilers under test rather than one,

For some time now my nightly autocrasher[*] has built both the current trunk
and the current 3.whatever-the-previous-release-was branch.  I've started
comparing exported symbol information from the libstdc++.so's from both
builds.  (See the libstdc++ list archives of the last week or so; posts
from Benjamin and Ulrich and myself.)

I've verified that changing the size of an exported symbol triggers the
regression detection.  Work yet to be done:

1)  Test for layout changes, not just size changes.

2)  Find a way of putting this into the v3 repository.

I've no ideas on (1).  For (2) I'll be posting some thoughts on the v3
list later.

Phil
[*] "autobuilder" is just too positive and uplifing a name for something as
    hacky as what I wrote.

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002