This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help needed for Memory Disambiguation
- From: jepler at unpythonic dot net
- To: husain ahmed <husainahmed154 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:05:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help needed for Memory Disambiguation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 04:30:44AM -0700, husain ahmed wrote:
> (3) With having UnLimited Compilation Time, Can i get
> the exact memory dependencies through profiling(by
> using simulator)?
Sure. If you have at most n bits of input for your program, you can
just run 2^n trials, and for each run keep track of all the addresses
a given instruction references. Then, you can tell for certain whether
there's a memory dependency for a particular pair of operations.