This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how to instrument??
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: smartgong <smartgong at sina dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:04:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: how to instrument??
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Thursday 15 August 2002 02:13, smartgong wrote:
> I am a totally newer to the GCC. But I have browsed the maillist for a
> while.:) I think my question maybe is very silly. but I really appreciate
> your hints:)
> Could anyone tell something about instrumentation. I know it is necessary
> to profile and optimization. But how to instrument some code to some place?
If you're concerned about the basic instrumentation for profiling, that is
covered under -pg in 'info gcc' and in 'info gprof.' Learn about those
before you try to go further. gcc-help would be the mailing list for