This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ ABI: Reuse of tail padding
- From: Erik Schnetter <schnetter at uni-tuebingen dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:05:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: C++ ABI: Reuse of tail padding
- Organization: Theoretische Astrophysik Tuebingen
Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com> wrote:
> We have a problem here.
> Intel's compiler does not pack things into the tail padding.
> Neither, I expect, does HP's.
It seems to me that an ABI regression checker should not only compare
gcc 3.3 and gcc 3.2, but also gcc, icc, and aCC. If the aim is to be
portable across vendors, one might as well check that.
Erik Schnetter <email@example.com>
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Tell me if I can encrypt messages to you.
(For more information, go e.g. to http://www.pgpi.org.)