Floating Point Emulation Help

Hi,

I am trying to retarget GCC for a 16 bit little endian machine.. I
am facing problems in the following fronts:

1. I have a set of precompiled libraries which I am unable to
install.. Everytime I compile GCC the library sources try to get
compiled and I get a lot of errors during the Make.

2. This machine does not have floating point support. I am unable
to add floating point emulation. All float numbers seem to be
converted to 0.

I am new at this retargeting job. Can anyone help??