This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ ABI: Reuse of tail padding
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: cxx-abi-dev at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:28:34 -0000
- Subject: Re: C++ ABI: Reuse of tail padding
--On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 11:26 PM +0100 Nathan Sidwell
Mark Mitchell wrote:
There aren't many more to find. HP, Intel, and GCC are the compilers
that have implemented the ABI to date.
you've not verified how the HP compiler behaves :) That was my point.
It's a good one too.
It appears that HP's aCC on IA-64 does pack things into tail padding.
That means somebody has to lose. I guess we may as well go with the more
efficient technique then, and do the tail padding. I will try to rework
the spec to be clearer and post patches for that.
And I'll go ahead and hit the "go" button on the GCC release tonight, too.