Re: C++ ABI: Reuse of tail padding

--On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 11:26 PM +0100 Nathan Sidwell <nathan@codesourcery.com> wrote:

Mark Mitchell wrote:
There aren't many more to find.  HP, Intel, and GCC are the compilers
that have implemented the ABI to date.
you've not verified how the HP compiler behaves :) That was my point.
It's a good one too.

It appears that HP's aCC on IA-64 does pack things into tail padding.

That means somebody has to lose.  I guess we may as well go with the more
efficient technique then, and do the tail padding.  I will try to rework
the spec to be clearer and post patches for that.

And I'll go ahead and hit the "go" button on the GCC release tonight, too.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC