This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.3 Stage 3 Reminder
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Andrew Haley <aph at cambridge dot redhat dot com>, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:39:06 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.3 Stage 3 Reminder
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> This email is a reminder that Stage 3 for GCC 3.3 begins August 15th.
> I will send another announcement when we reach that point.
I'll be offline starting that day, so a brief reminder that someone please
also updates our main page accordingly (under "Active development").
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Andrew Haley wrote:
> The Java tree inliner patch was submitted a little time ago. I
> suspect that it is unlikely to be reviewed before August 15th, but IMO
> it should go into GCC 3.3 anyway as it fixes a performance regression
> from earlier releases.
Personally, I think we should try to have an arrangement where patches
submitted before the cut-off date can (and in fact should) be considered
during the first one or two weeks of stage 3.
That would, at least that's my idea, provide a bit of fairness.
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Devang Patel wrote:
> I would like to get this in before stage 3 begins.
> Is it possible for someone to review this?
Similiar for Devang's patch, which he submitted more than two weeks
before the cut-off date.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/