This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
How do we target Athlon MP?
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:22:04 -0400
- Subject: How do we target Athlon MP?
I see that config.gcc recognizes athlon_mp as a machine name, but config.sub
won't accept it. It later seems to look at a - instead of a _ but of course
"athlon-mp" becomes "athlon-mp-pc-linux-gnu", and "mp" isn't a vendor.
What triplet should I be using?
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002