This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g++.pt/repo3.C regression between 3.1.1 and 3.2?
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:13:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: g++.pt/repo3.C regression between 3.1.1 and 3.2?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Dienstag, 6. August 2002 21:52, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >> I believe so. I thought Jason reviewed them.
> > There were no replies that reached me or the archives.
> Do you have your original message handy for this one too?
Uhm, for which one? I don't understand what you are referring too.
> >> I will take a look too -- can you point me at the original message?
> > I quoted all of it. Just compile g++.pt/repo3.C with -O2.
> > I get this in g++.log:
> > Executing on host: /home/gnu/o>
> > : undefined reference to `typeinfo for C<int>'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> This may or may not be a bug -- but it's not a backwards-incompatible
> bug. In other words, fixing it won't result in an ABI change. So,
> it needn't worry us at the moment.
OK, so it's just a simple regression between 3.1.1 and 3.2 due to the ABI