This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: onlinedocs/gcc/Index.html and index.html clash
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>, Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm at amelek dot gda dot pl>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:49:24 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: onlinedocs/gcc/Index.html and index.html clash
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > The node name "Index" is given explicitly in gcc.texi, so could be changed
> > (as long as the new name still contains the word "Index", e.g. "The
> > Index", so that info readers know it's an index for the purpose of
> > commands such as 'i' to look up index entries).
> You mean, like the following two patches? Toon, if Joseph agrees, is
> the g77 patch fine with you?
Yes (though there should be no need to change the @unnumbered Index (used
for the heading in the printed book rather than the Info files) though you
may want consistency between the printed and online versions).
Joseph S. Myers