This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ ABI testing issues, gcc-3.3 <-> gcc-3.2 compatibility
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: bkoz at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:14:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: C++ ABI testing issues, gcc-3.3 <-> gcc-3.2 compatibility
Benjamin Kosnik writes:
> I think it's important to insure that gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.2 are at the
> same C++ ABI before gcc-3.2 is released.
Yes, it's important to understand that there will be MASSIVE resistance
to changing the C++ ABI very soon again after 3.2, so it will be really
bad if 3.3-pre will already break it.