This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Fortran] where is -lfrtbegin?
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 22:39:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Fortran] where is -lfrtbegin?
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <200205261558.g4QFw9ta032700@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
"Steven G. Kargl" wrote:
> Why was main.o split out into a separate library? The
> ChangeLog entry for libfrtbegin.a doesn't contain
> any info about why this change was required.
It was necessary to get libg2c.a flying as a shared library. It was
done during a flurry of updates as we found errors with this
change-over. This might explain (but not justify) the shallow ChangeLog
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)