Re: [Fortran] where is -lfrtbegin?

Toon Moene said:
> "Steven G. Kargl" wrote:
>
> > Why was main.o split out into a separate library?  The
> > ChangeLog entry for libfrtbegin.a doesn't contain
> > any info about why this change was required.
>
> It was necessary to get libg2c.a flying as a shared library.  It was
> done during a flurry of updates as we found errors with this
> change-over.  This might explain (but not justify) the shallow ChangeLog
> entry.

Now, I'm really confused.  FreeBSD has been building a
shared libg2c for more than 3 years.  main.o lives/lived in
libg2c without a problem.  I also was the maintainer of
the f2c port in FreeBSD's port collection, and I had f2c
using shared libraries without splitting main.o into a
separate library.

Anyway, I have a patch for FreeBSD to deal with the
new library.  Thanks for the info.

--
Steve
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/