This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: davem at redhat dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, chip dot cuntz at earthling dot net,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:53:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020519104255.C87C8F28CC@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:-
> But CPP cannot be taking up a significant amount of time??
No, but that's no reason not to reduce it further. It's off
the radar and I want to keep it that way even if improvements
are made elsewhere in GCC. 8-)
There are some architectural improvements that need to be made,
too, but they're tricky.