This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.1 m68k/coldfire code gen problem!!
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:38:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: 3.1 m68k/coldfire code gen problem!!
- Organization: OAR Corporation
- References: <3055588044.1020962837@VAIO1>
- Reply-to: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> --On Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:40 PM +0200 Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com> writes:
> > |> Thanks Andreas!!! I can now confirm that with this patch,
> > |> RTEMS compiles for the Coldfire.
> > This is strange, because I didn't work for me in this form in a cross
> > compiler.
> Gentlemen --
> This one is going to have wait for GCC 3.1.1. I understand it is a
> regression, but I don't want to be making any more changes at this time,
> unless they are absolutely essential. We've got to find the bugs sooner.
> We will definitely solve this for 3.1.1; Joel, make sure you get a
> high-priority PR in GNATS as soon as 3.1 is out.
> With apologies,
Not a problem on this side either. If 3.1.0 lasts long enough for
RTEMS RPMs to get built, I will include a patch from Andreas.
As an aside, is it possible to do a compile only run on the
gcc testsuite for targets one can't execute code on? I would be
happy to do a build-only sweep on the cross targets I can't
> Mark Mitchell
> CodeSourcery, LLC
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985