This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 6212
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:18:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 6212
- References: <10205081100.AA01974@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 07:00:22AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> But if you eliminate DECL_SIZE, how to you know the size of a bitfield?
> The issue is why make different types in just some cases, since we know we
> can't for bitfields.
Actually, if you'll read Neil's response elsewhere in this thread,
you'd know that we *must* for bitfields.
There is a patch pending for gcc 3.2.