This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[RFH] Getting rid of WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>,Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:13:30 +0100
- Subject: [RFH] Getting rid of WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE
Successfully removing WCHAR_UNSIGNED tempted me to look at
getting rid of WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE like Mark suggested.
It turns out there is only one user in the whole compiler,
and it's in Ada (huh?). In targtyps.c, we have:
/* We never want wide chacters less than "short" in Ada. */
return MAX (SHORT_TYPE_SIZE, WCHAR_TYPE_SIZE);
It seems a shame to have to maintain over 200 lines of #define
and #undef gunk just for this. Can someone suggest a replacement?