This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Post-register-allocation opportunitistic optimizer?
- From: Peter Barada <pbarada at mail dot wm dot sps dot mot dot com>
- To: tm at mail dot kloo dot net
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kazu at cs dot umass dot edu, joern dot rennecke at superh dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:16:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: Post-register-allocation opportunitistic optimizer?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
>If I understand correctly, define_peephole2 will optimize the first two
>sequences (assuming they both use one hard reg apiece) and fail to
>optimize the rest of the cases.
I think peephole2 works backwards from the end of the function to the
front, so it would optimize the last two sequences...
Peter Barada Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard 781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola) 781-270-0193 (fax)