This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: DFA for PPro, P2, P3
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 16:05:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: DFA for PPro, P2, P3
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20020503202213.GB23248@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Jan Hubicka
> I modeled each decoder as unit (well, pentium has just two of them) and then
> used presence set to ensure that pentium u unit is fed before pentium v
> This works quite naturally for me. The nonpairable instructions simply
> allocate both units. I guess pentiumpro can use same scheme, just with
> three units. Is there some better alternative?
Well, given the physical ordering constraints modeling the decoder as
a vliw probably makes sense.
> This reminds me, that I should post the patch, give me some time to dig it
> out, I've just returned from a trip.
Please do. I've got an idle P166 :-)