This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: CVS error on ppc
- From: Nic Ferrier <nferrier at tapsellferrier dot co dot uk>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- Cc: java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 01 May 2002 17:43:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: CVS error on ppc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Blake <email@example.com> writes:
> You're not the only one. Something is wrong in the Makefile script,
> because I got the same error on a RedHat box:
> cvs [update aborted]: reading libjava/sysdep/i386/locks.h: Too many levels of symbolic links
> Basically, something in the Makefile is linking
> libjava/sysdep/<arch>/locks.h to itself, causing an infinite link
> recursion. It is also affecting compilation:
> linking ../../../gcc/libjava/sysdep/i386/locks.h to sysdep/locks.h
> configure: error: ../../../gcc/libjava/sysdep/i386/locks.h: File not found
> make: *** [Makefile] Error 1
> I'm not sure who is responsible, but would you like to file a
> high-priority PR since you found it first? I'm cc'ing the gcc list, in
> case anyone knows what went wrong.
I don't seem to be able to do that. Submitting with high priority
gives me an error.
Can someone else submit it please?