-pthreads on hppa?

Hi

I now have a succesfull build of gcc-3.1 on a hppa2.0 -hpux11.0 using
-enable-threads=dce
I noticed that <pthread.h> on hpux11 now defaults to modern posix behavior
requiring _POSIX_DRAFT4 defined to revert to the old.
I was looking in the sparc-arch how you there handle two different
thead-models there. Sparc had both an -threads and and a -pthreads. Pa has
the -threads that use DCE-threads, but no option to use modern pthreads. Is
there any reason why the new pthread implementation in hpux11 is not good
enough?

On a side note. There are some high decrees of inconsistency in these options
-pthread is only documenteted for a single arch(powerpc) but exists on most.
However on some archs the option is called -pthreads. And the -threads option
is not documented at all but exists on several as well. Are there any good
reason for this?

If the answer to both of the above is negative, I plan to make a minor patch
to pa-arch introducing the -pthreads option ala sparc, and adding both the
-threads and -pthreads to the architecture-documentation. However I strongly
feel the docementation of the thread-options should be moved to an
architecture independed chapter, and written by someone more familiar with
origin of the different options and archs.

greetings
Allan